ENGINEERING ASSISTANCE PROVIDED TO DESIGN COVID-19 OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY UNIT IN DGH MULLAITIVU
By Vadakkin Chapter (IESL)
Based on the request received from Mullaitivu Medical Association, the Executive Committee of the IESL-Vadakkin Chapter appointed a team with Chartered Engineers (Specialized in Structural Design) to support to design of a 4-story building & provide necessary guidance. Following team members from our chapter were appointed by Executive Committee for this team.
- Eng. (Mrs.) Yogarani Indrakumar BSc.Eng. (Hons.), C.Eng., MIE(SL), Resident Engineer -Construction of Courts Complex -Northern Province - Central Engineering Consultancy Bureau.
- Eng. Mr. Balrajh Kiriparan B.Sc.Eng. (Hons), C.Eng., MIE (SL), MSSE (SL), Registered Structural Engineer with UDA and IESL in the directory of Structural Engineers to design High-rise buildings (Category A), Lecturer (Probationary) -Department of Civil Engineering-Faculty of Engineering, University of Jaffna.
- Eng. Kunaratnam Jeyamohan BSc.Eng. (Hons.), MSc.Eng. (Structural-Reading) AMIE(SL), AMSSE(SL), Lecturer-Department of Engineering Technology-Faculty of Technology-University of Jaffna.
- Eng. Arudpirakasam Kajeevan BSc.Eng. (Hons.), AMIE(SL), Project Engineer-Jaffna Kilinochchi Water Supply & Sanitation Project-National Water Supply and Drainage Board.
- Eng.Maheswaran Hageeban BSc.Eng. (Hons.), AMIE(SL), Head of Mechanical Design Division - Headrogen (Pvt.) Ltd.
Appointed Team & Executive Committee members visited the field & had an initial discussion with Management of DGH-Mullaitivu on the 6th of June 2021.
After several review meetings with the client, their requirements were fully captured in our proposed design and has been completed now. BOQ was also prepared based on our proposal & handed over to the client. Now Management of District General Hospital - Mullaitivu is in the process of getting approvals to construct this 4-story building.
On behalf of the IESL-Vadakkin Chapter, we thank our specialized team members who were involved in this engineering support project. This will be another Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activity of the IESL-Vadakkin Chapter.