The Accreditation Board of the Institution is required to ensure quality control and assurance in engineering & technical education in the country. It functions independently but is subject to the general policies of the Institution. The composition of the Board is as follows:
1. Chairman , an eminent Practitioner/Teacher in engineering nominated by the Council of the Institution from a panel of three eminent Practitioners / Teachers proposed by a committee appointed by the Council of the Institution.
2. President of the Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka
3. Immediate Past President
5. Seven Corporate Members of the Institution who shall be not below the rank of Senior Lecturer Grade 1, nominated by the Council of the Institution , out of which one each shall be from among the academic staff members of the Engineering Faculties of the Unversity of Peradeniya, University of Moratuwa and University of Ruhuna and from the Faculty of Engineering Technology of the Open Unversity of Sri Lanka and one each of the remaining three (3) from among the academic staff members in the field of engineering of any other Institute (State or Private) conducting a four year full time Engineering Degree Programme recognized by the Institution.
6. Six Corporate Members of the Institution from the industry and nominated by the Council of the Institution.
7. Two Corporate Members of the Institution who are Professors / Emeritus Professors and nominated by the Council of the Institution.
8. Member of the University Grants Commission who is in charge of the Standing Committee relevant to engineering