A Special Route for engineers with more than twenty (20) years experience after graduation and holding high / senior managerial positions to become Corporate Members of IESL
1. The special route is explicitly for those senior engineers with the necessary academic qualifications, training and responsible experience required by the Professional Review Rules who have not been able to obtain Corporate Membership of the IESL and those who are holding senior managerial positions in the state sectors, private sectors and academia.
2. The following category of Engineers will be eligible to apply for Corporate Membership under this proposed Route (Eligibility to apply for Corporate Membership under the proposed Route ):
a. Engineers holding high positions in engineering and/or management in State or Private Sector organizations
b. Engineers who have played a significant role in the development or delivery of engineering education and training
c. Engineers in Academia who have gained recognition through research at international or national levels
d. Engineers who through their work with public or voluntary bodies have effectively demonstrated their contribution and value to society as Engineers.
3. This special route initially will be in force for a period of 12 months with effect from 4th June 2015. This Scheme will be open only to those with a minimum of twenty (20) years of demonstrable experience after graduation.
4. The successful applicant must demonstrate all of the Essential qualities, and at least two of the Desirable qualities in the Report and at the Interview. Applicants will be asked to provide evidence of the following qualities:
E1: A position of senior responsibility and/or significant autonomy in their field
E2: Demonstrable leadership qualities
E3: Influencing policy and strategy making decisions in either a technical or business environment
E4: A structured approach to CPD
E5: The training of the engineering profession to young engineers and potential engineers
D1: Highly specialist knowledge in a specific area of engineering
D2: Technical or engineering resource management and/or personnel management and development
D3: Responsibility for a budget and the associated risk
D4: Application of a significant range of fundamental principles and complex techniques across a wide and often unpredictable variety of contexts
D5: Active development and application of new technologies in engineering and related areas at senior level
5. All applications will be assessed by an “Assessment Panel” nominated by the PSMC and only those who are recommended by the Panel will be considered as eligible candidates to apply through this route and will be called for an interview. Candidates are required to make a Power Point presentation not exceeding twenty (20) minutes at the interview
6. Method of Application:
a. An application must be made on Form “MEM-FO-01” with the appropriate fees. Four Corporate Members should propose and sign the Application form. The applications may be either sent by registered post or delivered by hand.
b. Documents to be submitted along with the application
i. Original and one copy of Birth Certificate (Original will be returned)
ii. Original and one copy of Degree Certificate (Original will be returned)
iii. Originals and copies of appointment letters (Original will be returned)
iv. Three copies of the record of Continuing Professional development
v. Four copies of the report on Recognised Training and Responsible experience (Vide Rule 6 of Professional Review Rules)
In addition to stipulations in the existing Section 6 of professional Review Rules, the Report must highlight the increasing degrees of responsibility at technical, managerial and financial levels and how the candidate has met with the requirements of five stipulated core competences.
a. Either a design supported by analysis, computations, BOQ, drawings etc or
b. A design oriented Project Report based on the candidate’s own direct involvement as part of his / her normal duties within the preceding ten years. or
c. Results of a project study in the form of a dissertation of not less than 6000 words
7. Written Papers:
a. “A” Paper
The necessity of sitting for “A” Paper will be decided by the interview panel and will be informed after the interview.
b. “B” Paper
Considering the high managerial positions held, the candidate is exempted from the “B” Paper.
Click here to download the same in PDF format